Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some new layouts and a cu image freebie

Well, with the DSO Color Challenge kit posted (Fall Fantasia), and my ADSD kit for the October Blog Train ready to go, I finally have a minute to catch up on some scrapping! Here are two I did this week.



Little Eagle is my daughter participating in the kids games at the lake front this summer. Little Eagles was the name of her age group -- the youngest kids able to participate in beach activities. The papers and elements on this kit are all from Scrappassie's All Those Greens kit.



I almost never use arrows in my layouts, or use a retro style either, for that matter, but this kit was just perfect for my pictures of Meg's drawing of the world this weekend, which I had to scrap right away. These are the kind of memories that get away from us. Twenty years from now I want us all to look at this page and remember how much fun everyone had in the mountains and how just stinkin' cute Meg is at this age. All the papers and elements in this LO are also by Scrappassie, from her Retrocolors kit. I stayed up way too late last night finishing this one, but I was having such a great time playing with this layout. Rarely do things just fly together like this one did!

Since Scrappassie is the featured designer at TTS this month, all her kits are on sale for 30% off until the 30th, so if you can't live without either of these kits, now's the time to grab it.

Finally, a freebie. This image is for my friends from the Pixel Dust digital scrapping critique group on Scrapbook.com (and anyone else who might be interested). It's a photo I took of some rhododendrons on the two mile walking path around the lake near where we vacationed this weekend. As soon as I saw them, the phrase Fairy Playland popped into my head. I knew some of your fairies and pixies would love to visit. It works great as a texture too... I used it as the background for some of my papers in Fall Fantasia. You're welcome to use it for personal, S4H or commercial use... please just mention my name in your acknowledgements sections. As always, please don't share it as-is with others -- send 'em to my blog to pick it up for themselves! A link back to my blog would be awesome, but is not required. I'd love to see what you do with it though!



And here is the link: Fairy Playground

Enjoy!

No comments: